Social Media Marketing
Today (June 30) is world social media day!
Here at The Williams Team, we are huge social media fans, are you?
At this very moment, there are over three billion active social media users worldwide, so, unless you’re not in that billion, your answer is probably “yes!”
Here are some fun social media facts for you today, on #SMDay
- Over 300 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube every minute, and the average person watches 40 minutes a day.
- There are 500 million Tweets sent every day — that’s 6,000 Tweets every second.
- At this very moment, there are over three billion active social media users worldwide.
- Created in Cambridge, Massachusetts by Mark Zuckerburg, Facebook has the most number of users compared to any other platform.
- After the birth of the first supercomputer in the 1940s, the first social network called Six Degrees was created by one Andrew Weinreich in 1997 to upload photos and connect with others for the first time.
After the telegram, telephone, fax machine and mobile phone, social media truly changed the way we communicate. Because of the various ways in which social media has changed our lives – from staying connected with distant family members and friends to networking or marketing –the World Social Media Day was launched by Mashable on June 30, 2010. This day is recognition of the impact of social media on global communication and to bring people together to celebrate it.
We use social media to connect with people physically distant from us instantly, no matter in which part of the world they are, and that is one of the things we love most about social media. Social media has led to new business models with advertisements on every web page and news media making information available even faster. During the coronavirus pandemic, social media has especially helped to keep us entertained, accessible and enabled us to discover our talent and of others. Here at The Williams Team, we harness the power of social media every day to help your property get in front of as many people as possible every day. We have an on staff, full time, marketing director who is also a social media specialist who is here full time learning the ever changing world of social media to help our agents market your property in the ever changing world of social media marketing.
After Friendster and LinkedIn which were launched in 2002 to MySpace launched in 2003, the 2004 launch of Facebook grabbed the world’s attention and today more than a seventh of the world population uses the platform. In 2005, the launch of YouTube made sharing videos popular. Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, TikTok, and many other platforms are today among the most used social media platforms the world over.
On World Social Media Day, the hashtag #SMDay is used to mark the occasion. Users may post a selfie, a Tweet, or go live on Instagram or Facebook to come together in celebration of the day. What’s your favorite form of social media? Tag us #thewilliamsteamla so we can give you a follow!